Upgrading Android on Zebra devices in production can be a massive task. Unfortunately, there is no way of doing this automatically, at least not in the same way as Apple, Samsung and other companies does it. So, what challenges are you facing?
- You can’t upgrade during opening hours
- Devices does not have enough power to start upgrade
- You have no way of efficiently notifying users what is happening
- Devices are offline in your Mobile Device Management system, you can’t reach them
- Everything has to be planned for highest possible rate of success
- Upgrading your whole fleet takes too long
- Devices back from repair, or new devices, arrives locations with wrong OS
OS Manager solves all these issues. Now you can replicate the upgrade process Apple and Samsung uses, on Zebra Android devices, so you can use your time on more important tasks. As soon as OS Managersees a new OS-file on the device, it will notify the user a new upgrade is available, and ask if it should be installed right away, or later tonight. When OS Manager has seen the new upgrade, it will force the devices to be upgraded. Even if the user turns the device off for the night, OS Manager will force the upgrade the next morning. Fortunately, it always gives the user a 5-minute warning before starting, in case they need to save their work. By forcing the upgrade, you’ll always be up to date on with your upgrades.
OS Manager does not only upgrade Android, it can even downgrade and install Lifeguard patches. Security has never been more important, and leaving your devices open for critical attacks is not an option. OS Manager is compatible with all Zebra Android devices in the TC5-series, on all OS-versions.
- Runs silently in the background
- Requires almost no hardware resources
- Runs several checks to see if device is ready to upgrade
- Notifies user an upgrade is available
- User can initiate upgrade right away, or wait until later that night
- Upgrade is forced, there is no way of skipping
- Ensures a uniform OS-platform in your fleet of devices
- Upgrades OS, updates LifeGuard, can even downgrade if supported
Nordic Mobility is an Enterprise Mobility company. For more information, please contact us by email email@example.com, or phone +4721637625.
Meld deg på vårt nyhetsbrev for å få de siste oppdateringene!